RESTRUCTURING & TRANSACTION SUPPORT
Successful restructurings and post-M&A integration require strong expertise in managing large volumes of contracts and other legal documents.
Kalexius helps companies review and remediate legal documents en masse in relation to large-scale restructurings and post M&A integrations.
Our expertise covers all types of projects, including:
- Contract repaperings (e.g. novation projects);
- Post M&A contract due diligence
- Post M&A real estate due diligence
- Post M&A corporate due diligence
- Legal entity rationalization/reduction
We typically deploy teams of seasoned lawyers supported by data analysts, legal project managers and state-of-the-art technology to ensure reliable outcomes at a reasonable price point. Planning is essential in large-scale projects of this kind and we spend a lot of time understanding and addressing issues around data quality and process optimization. The combination of high-end legal expertise and data analysis capabilities produces exception results for large organizations in restructuring and post M&A integration projects.
Quick repapering of 2000+ vendor agreements to reflect changes in a corporate structure
The client needed to repaper 2000+ vendor agreements within a short period of time to reflect changes in its corporate structure. Given the context, the repapering exercise was expected to give rise to multiple renegotiation/update requests beyond the entity change.
- Kalexius deployed an onshore team of lawyers supported by project management consultants and offshore delivery support coordinators. We devised a playbook and procedures focusing on ensuring quality while minimizing full contract renegotiation requests.
- 80% agreements were repapered within the deadline, with the remainder being held up mostly by commercial/admin issues beyond our client’s control.
- Full or partial renegotiation requests were kept below 20%.
- Kalexius was given full control over the contract negotiation process. This was subject to final approval and escalation mechanisms in relation to high business impact issues.
- The client allowed us to work from our systems and deploy our proprietary project management systems in order to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- We deployed our solid, practical approach to our legal project management. As a result, we avoided over-engineering and kept closely to our lawyers’ actual needs and understanding of project management.